Monday, June 3, 2013

Clove Oil & Cucumbers-- Bad Match

I recently blogged about my foiled plans to use water and clove essential oils to attack a terrible powdery mildew issue with my snow peas and how I could have killed my neighbors koi fish. I decided to try a different method to administer the clove oil to the mildew. This time I added a few clove oil drops along with wintergreen and rosemary essential oils to a couple cups of water. I soaked a rag and administered the concoction to each leave. But my cukes were growing along side my peas so inevitably the cukes got a bit of the potion too. Well, the next day the cukes had white splotches where the potion had splashed. Some leaves turned brown and shriveled. Lesson learned! Stop using essential oils on my plants! In other news, the koi are still alive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment